Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Wonderful actors
Laura listed her 20 top favorite actors and it's a yummy list. Worth a visit to the post just to gaze on the gorgeous and evocative faces. Here's her annotated list - I've crossed out the ones I'd change : Cary Grant (he's simply the best), Tyrone Power Humphrey Bogart (how could she leave Bogie off - in his character-driven roles there's no one better), Dana Andrews Gary Cooper, Robert Montgomery (one of my all-time favorites), William Powell (ditto), Joel McCrea (ditt0), Robert Taylor (usually ditto but not the westerns), Robert Mitchum, Richard Widmark, Ray Milland, James Stewart, Stewart Granger Fred MacMurray (early, not once he became silly), John Wayne Spencer Tracy, Gene Kelly Errol Flynn (in his not snazzed-up films), Fred Astaire, Clark Gable, Charlton Heston Walter Huston, Ward Bond Ronald Coleman / Lawrence Olivier / Raymond Massey (trade-off between them), Fredric March, Randolph Scott (not listed in any particular order). I'll watch almost anything most of these guys are in and thank heavens for TCM!

Labels: , ,

Permalink | | posted by jau at 12:10 AM


1 more:
Anonymous Laura — at 12:16 AM, December 30, 2008:
This is a great list! My 10-year-old son wanted to know why Laurence Olivier, Spencer Tracy and Basil Rathbone weren't on my list. I have to admit I'm proud to have a 10-year-old who would ask that question, LOL.

Lots of great choices here! My dad was asking me about Bogart too. :) I really enjoy him but he just didn't jump out at me to list as a favorite, don't know why!

I've really gotten to enjoy Fred MacMurray's early work...I feel like I've seen a whole new side of him in films like REMEMBER THE NIGHT and HANDS ACROSS THE TABLE.

Glad you posted your list...I linked to it!

Best wishes,
Laura
 

< home >


Post a Comment

< home